General Corporate and Commercial
Carnelutti’s corporate and commercial lawyers have honed their expertise and skills in the corporate sector by playing leading roles in a very large number of Italy’s most significant corporate transactions, in addition to corporate work with international dimensions.The team professionals handle all Italian, pan-European and international legal aspects in the life of a corporation, such as typically:
- Setting up companies and offices, including handling bureaucratic, documentation and regulatory aspects, tax and accounting aspects, and managerial/employment aspects including the use of expat managers;
- Handling all aspects of the corporate life of a company, such as corporate governance and structural organization aspects (board of directors’ and shareholders’ meetings) and tax and accounting aspects;
- Advising on all aspects of the commercial life of a company, such as asset sales and purchasing, commercial contracts, distribution agreements, non-competition agreements, franchising, leasing, agency and outsourcing agreements, anti-competitive behaviour/market abuse issues, multi-party contracts, the protection of intellectual and industrial property and privacy matters;
- Advising on equity investments, joint ventures, strategic alliances, sale and purchase of company branches or divisions, and corporate restructuring and reorganization.
The firm's practice areas include advising corporations and financial institutions regarding:
- Acquisition financing, including financing and guarantee contracts between different parties;
- Structured financing, financing for leveraged buy-outs and project financing;
- Growth financing and financial and tax planning;
- Capital market transactions, including:
- Private share placements;
- Corporate bond issues;
- Listing of mutual funds and stock-exchange traded funds.
- Related regulatory matters.